Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fireworks at new year

I'm told the bang is merely accidental due to the use of the mortar
principal to launch the pretty bit skyward. They are, supposedly more
controllable than rockets, but maybe people should simply hire a huge
screen and do a cgi display instead.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"JohnP" wrote in message
. ..

I know bah humbug and don't be a grouch etc, but its really getting to be
any old excuse and all that money is basically burned and blown up.

Similar mentality to the how many Christmas lights can I fit on the
front of my house?

I totally agree. Surely we all know what a "bang" is like - why do people
need to buy their own?