Posted to alt.home.repair
R.Wieser R.Wieser is offline

Default Why can't you rewind youtube advertisements?

Micky,

Assuming that became a problem, they could not charge
for ads that were played more than twice in a row, or keep
anyone from playing an ad more than twice.

Why going for that kind of complex solutions when a way easier one (to
maintain) is available ?

Would they charge extra if one could pause a commercial?

Time viewed ?

Also, they already had to block pretty-much everything else (restart, skip,
fast fore/backwards). Blocking the all the controls would be easier, and
also more secure (no chance of forgetting anything).

However the guy who wants to pause the commercial
seems likely to be a serious possible customer.

On the other hand, not being able to stop the ad might 1) make a much more
lasting impression because of 2) force him to search for the product,
strengthening #1 as well as exposing him to other products by the same
company.

Though I have to say that this subject has got very little to
do with this newsgroup ...

Horrors!

Really ? You don't care ? Are you and Arlen than not as different as I
thought ? :-(

Regards,
Rudy Wieser