Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Blown fuse - and plug

On 30/12/2020 21:13, RJH wrote:
On 30 Dec 2020 at 19:07:25 GMT, "ARW" wrote:

On 30/12/2020 18:37, Andy Burns wrote:
RJH wrote:

blew the 13A fuse in
the extension, and tripped the socket circuit on the main board.
Anyone know
the cause?:

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0zGf693Zhiyh7

Given the ablation on the earth and live terminals, I'd suggest
something bridged between them, that screw wasn't rattling around loose
in there, I presume?

The live screw was rattling about inside, half the thread stripped and charred
(you can just see it in the pic). To my eye it looks forced out. But maybe it
was cross-threaded and worked loose? Cable was securely clamped.

I would be tempted to test the fuse.

Fuse (13A) had blown.

A LE short at that point may not have taken out the fuse.

FWIW, the cassette deck wasn't harmed. I've replaced the plug/3A fuse.

Thanks for the update and thanks for posting the photo. I found it
interesting.

--
Adam