Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default 13A Sockets with USB sockets

On 29/12/2020 13:11, Martin Brown wrote:
On 28/12/2020 19:57, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
I was wondering if anyone on here had any experience of these, either in
their socket bar or normal outlet combined form. The info I'm looking
for is
not whether they actually produce the 5vdc at a decent amperage, but how
quiet they are radio interference wise when in use. So many wall warts
you
can buy seem to be doubling as radio jammersÂ* all the way through the
spectrum from long wave to vhf, and all places in between. Silent ones
can
be made since the one I got with my mobile phone a couple of years ago is
completely silent, so rocket science it is not, its just cheap carp
design
in my view.

They tend to mostly offer the low power 1A option so not really that
useful. There is one in our village hall because a wall wart might walk.

Scolmore now do 3A ones.

--
Adam