Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How does a dishwasher know how much water is in it?

On Tue, 29 Dec 2020 12:10:40 -0800 (PST), misterroy wrote:

I reckon it is a sensor fault. I dug about on the internet, and

it
suggests it is a flow meter that tells the machine how much water

is
in there.

How does the flow meter tell how much water is in there?

Time plus flow is volume.

Time multiplied by flow (rate). B-)

Might not need time as such. If the "flow meter" gives an output that
coresponds to a given quantity of water having passed through. Say a
pulse for each 10 ml. Count 100 pulses and you know that 1 l has
passed.

so how does it know when to stop measuring the flow?

It "knows" how much water it needs...

--
Cheers
Dave.