Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb[_3_] dpb[_3_] is offline

Default Window draft

On 12/29/2020 2:40 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 12/29/20 2:29 PM, dpb wrote:
On 12/29/2020 12:45 PM, Rem Ram wrote:
Im getting a draft through these holes in my window frame. Do these
holes have a purpose? Can I cover them to stop draft?
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/12p9

Any idea the window manufacturer so can look at install instructions?

I've not seen such; then again I've only installed a set of new Pella
windows recently as the only window ever had that wasn't by now at
least 50 years old; the house here is 100+ and solid frames; none of
the newfangled triple-pane glass tilt-in stuff there.

The Pellas are wood and tilting and all, but the outer frames are
solid; no such holes there.

I'm guessing there's an adjusting/mounting screw at the bottom of that
hole and that the unit was supplied with plug/cap to cover, but that's
hypothesis.

I'd put a plug in there w/ a windstop behind it that could extract if
need be...there's no reason for there to be a wind path.

--dpb

Â*Â*Â*Â* Was the OP possibly referring to the holes in the strips next to
the window?

Hmmmm....maybe. I thought that was in between the glass panes, but now
I guess it isn't. That then almost makes it look like the inside pane
of the sealed double-pane is gone.

Dunno. Never saw nuttin' looked like that before.