Harry Bloomfield

Default Flat panel heaters

On 08/01/2004 Tom Miller opined:-
What are peoples' opinions on flat panel heaters? I saw a largish one
in Wickes but it was only 900W and didn't say how it worked (oil, wire
element, etc). I also saw a smaller DeLonghi one in Homebase that was
oil-based but that was just 600W.

900w or 600w is 900w or 600w no matter what type of heater. They all
put the same amount of heat into a a room, which is entirely dependent
on the wattage.

The only variation is the type of heat they produce. Fan heaters start
to warm up fairly quickly and distribute their heat around the room
well. Radiant type heaters are good for localised heating (warming your
knees). Oil heaters are slower to warm up and much more gentle.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT)...

Remove the 'NOSPAM' in my email address to reply.

Free Amateur Radio Courses:-
http://www.ukradioamateur.org