Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Sockets

In article ,
JohnP wrote:
.

Some of the flat plate stuff requires the back box to be 5mm behind
the plaster edge and use 35mm back boxes.

And two cables through the same knockout is also a ******* with some
sockets that are not flat plated.

Good info about the 5mm behind - that would have helped.

Wonder if it only applies to one gang types - where the box has both
vertical and horizontal fixing lugs?

It applies to both 1g and 2g depending on the socket manufacturer. Some
do require the removal of the top and bottom lugs on 1g.

Trust me I have worked in enough new builds that have used 25mm 2g back
boxes and the new owner has bought new sockets that will not fit.

--
Adam