Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Joyce Jim Joyce is offline

Default drop cord size

On Mon, 28 Dec 2020 06:43:27 -0800 (PST), TimR wrote:

I grabbed a hose reel from my neighbor's trash and used it for the outdoor extension cord for a couple of years.

I put the center of the cord on the reel and carefully wound it up nice and neat, doubled so I could reach both male and female ends. Then I could unwind just as much as I needed to weedeat, edge, blow leaves, etc.

It was a pain in the butt and I ended up realizing I was spending twice the time it took to just coil it, and the bulky hose reel was hard to store and hard to drag around. I put it back in my neighbor's trash and went back to careful coiling (using the alternate palm up palm down to eliminate twist.) I'm much happier now.

+1
Almost identical experience here, except I bought my reels and then donated
them.