Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Technically this is D-I-Y but of the self built computer kind.......

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
On 27/12/2020 20:28, No Name wrote:
Right I want to take advantage of the January sales and want to build my
own computer.

I got a new 4K monitor for Chrimbo, and I can re-use mt current graphics
card which is an AMD Radeon R9 280X card. (I know the card does not
currently support WDR or WCG even though the monitor does)

I also got a new Cherry mouse, Cherry KB and wacom graphics tablet as
part of black friday deals.

I intend to re-use the tower case & PSU and have two brand new DVD drives
in the loft and the existing Samsung EVO SATA3 512GB SSD.

I already have a retail licence for Windows 10 professional and I now
have Office 365 and a soon to be installed gigabit fibre to the home.

All I need is a half decent motherboard such as supermicro, Asus or
gigabyte or ASRock...

at least 16 GB DDR4 ram (as 2 off 8 GB sticks)

An Intel or Ryzen processor

A Samsung EVO M2 SSD as the boot drive

my usual sources for PC parts a

Scan.co.uk
Ebuyer
DABS

Now who else are doing stonking good deals in the January sales?

'magine getting excited about a computer....sad

Beats clapped out yank tanks.