JMagerl

Default Property Border Lines

IF you have a sidewalk or a curb that was put in at the same time the house
was built there may be a mark to indicate the property line (usually just a
shallow groove about 4 inches long). My Dad's house was marked this way and
I had 2 houses also marked this way. USually it's just an aid to help find
the metal rods and is only accurate to a couple inches but it will give a
rough idea of property line location

"KAB" wrote in message
om...
Infrequent poster here, and would appreciate any and all suggestions!

I purchased a home 1.5 years ago. At that time, the previous owner
assured me that there were stakes in the ground that would show me my
property lines. Unfortunately, I have been unable to locate them.

My property is approximately 1/2 an acre. This wouldn't be an issue,
except that there are bushes and trees separating my home from the
neighbors on either side of my house, and both fail to trim the bushes
or trees or clean-out the dead leaves, etc. underneath. I usually do
it - and did all last summer - because it affects the appearance of my
property. Last weekend, I took it upon myself to trim some of the
bushes on both sides of the property, only to have one of the
neighbors creep around the bushes to take a peek when he thought I
wasn't around. This, of course, made me wonder if I'm treading on
someone else's property and doing something I shouldn't be doing.

My documentation from settlement, including my land title insurance
property description, does not help. Short of hiring a surveyor and
paying to have someone show me where my property begins/ends, does
anyone have any other suggestions on how to determine the property
lines?