Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default Crackers?

T i m wrote:
On 26 Dec 2020 10:37:16 GMT, Tim+ wrote:

snip

So, whilst it's a bit late for today, can anyone recommend some nut
-crackers that will do all nuts nicely please?

These are the best type I’ve come across. Easy to control the amount of
crush and to reduce flying shrapnel.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B077DZY4...g=UTF8& psc=1

I saw those in my searching but because it looks like the nut would be
gripped all round and therefore require even more pressure to break?
Or is it because few nuts are actually round so you still get 2 or 3
pressure points and the shells not that flexible (so they don't
contort to be 'rounder') it's gets them ok?

They do look like they have reasonably long arms (good leverage) and
I'm guessing you could put then into the cone to whatever depth still
gives you a reasonably comfortable grip span?

Will they also do a 'tough' almond and if so, which way would you
orientate them in the bowl (if you need to for the best result),
across the long edges maybe?

Cheers, T i m

As long as you orientate your almond correctly theyre easy to open with
these. They really are the apians genua.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls