Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default As I have just finished work - may I say

On 25/12/2020 12:55, Tim Streater wrote:
On 25 Dec 2020 at 12:42:24 GMT, The Natural Philosopher

wrote:

On 25/12/2020 12:34, Dave Liquorice wrote:
Â* Given that most politicians are not in a high risk group if they do
Â* become infected in my view they are no different to any other person
Â* in the country. Key workers, like bin men, come above them.

Oh yes. We could do without politicians, but imagine a life without
sanitary engineers and bin men!

Trouble is if you do away with the former, you'll soon lack the latter.

Many people believe that. And yet its really not true. Political
strategic designÂ* making has little to do with the day to day tactical
management of the public sector

I think Belgium had no government for a year,.

It still had local government though, which are the people who
keep local services going.

We manage without a 'government' for 6 months of every year. That is
how long they seem to spend on holiday. The country doesn't come to a
halt.