Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default Crackers?

On 25/12/2020 16:39, T i m wrote:
On Fri, 25 Dec 2020 16:05:23 +0000, Chris Hogg wrote:

snip

So, whilst it's a bit late for today, can anyone recommend some nut
-crackers that will do all nuts nicely please?

Ratchet types work pretty well, like these
https://tinyurl.com/yayqfkvh .

That's sorta what I was working up to in my head.

Turns out they have been about for a while: ;-)

https://ehive.com/collections/3894/o...ck-nutcrackers

If you could restrict the amount they open between actions (so you
don't have to ratchet them back from a walnut to the hazelnut you are
about to crack), even only if only with your fingers etc, that would
be cool (like daughters hydraulic log splitter when you release the
valve but can stop it re-opening fully by closing the valve).

Or you could probably close them manually first (for speed), then
finish off with the ratchet handle?

Cheers, T i m

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtVr1-DZ2bU