av

Default Paint formula changes

"Julie" wrote in message ...
PREVIOUS PAINT FORMULA

colorant oz 48 96
Lamp Black 0 28 0
Thalo Blue 1 20 0
Magenta 0 26 0

Sure, Behr might've changed the formula, and there are always variations
in mixing.

But, unless you're really really interested in paint industry practices,
this original forumula is all you really need. Or, the better solution:
HD will "color match" any sample you bring in (with a
spectrophotometer). They will also take back any mostly-unused paint
you bring them, with or without a receipt. No worries.

JSH

You must have skipped the part where I said that all I had at the time
of the purchase of the second gallon was just the name AND the
assurance from HD that they had the formula in their computer. This
isn't so much a question as to why the formula was changed (altho'
that has been a question for me) but rather why they didn't tell me
about the change. And for that matter why they are changing a formula
of a color that they dont even feature any more! Yes, of course, NOW
that I realize that these formulas aren't cast in stone against the
name of the paint, I'll hang onto the numbers.

I'm also glad that you think so highly of HD service. Im now waiting
yet a second time (after a second call) for the Paint Dept supervisor
to call me back. Yes it will all be resolved one way or another, but
I'm sure going through alot for what should be a rather clear,
rudimentary procedure.

Also, to the poster above who was trying to teach me about color
matching, that is not the point of this post. Frankly, if at least the
numbers had matched in the formula, I really really doubt that there
would be as drastic a color change as that I have on my hands. There
is a difference between slight and obvious.

Thanks to everyone else so far for their input.
av