Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default drop cord size

On 12/25/2020 1:06 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

I checked the Lowes Canadian web site :

https://www.lowes.ca/product/extensi...ge-reel-357388

They had the brains to say 16/3 and 14/3
.. instead of "doing the math " :-)

Ok that makes sense now. Some computer decided to devide the wire gauge
by the number of conductors instead of listing it as wire size and
conductors. Really not useful information for anything.

I may or may not be able to get my 100 feet of 4.00 ( 12/3) wire on that
reel.
I do have some either 14 or 18 gauge cords that I can put on it if the
12 will not fit.

These ones work really well for cords less than your original one, if
you spray a little silicone spray on the sliding surface of the handle.
They take up less room, and are cheaper. I have several of them, and you
just pick them up by the handle in the center with one hand and crank
with the other

https://www.grainger.com/category/el...&filters=attrs