Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default As I have just finished work - may I say

Only cases I have heard of personally were in London where my nephew
said several friends of his wifes' parents had died of it.

Wife's parents - it's that generation that are dying.

I'm in London, and the number of cases has spiked recently. What hasn't
spiked is the number of deaths. That's partly because of the time lag of
about a month between getting infected and dying. However, it may well
be because the most susceptible people have already been 'harvested'
(what a horrible term!) by the disease.

Amongst the people we know, a nearby neighbour died in March, and 3
other people were hospitalised but recovered. Since then, despite the
ONS saying that 2% of Londoners currently have the disease, I know of
nobody seriously ill, let alone on death's door.

Most people on this NG are in the wife's parents generation. If you are
in an area that has previously been hard hit by the disease, I'm
reasonably optimistic for you.

NB: I've been horribly wrong in the past!