Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default As I have just finished work - may I say

On 25/12/2020 12:55, Tim Streater wrote:
On 25 Dec 2020 at 12:42:24 GMT, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

On 25/12/2020 12:34, Dave Liquorice wrote:
Given that most politicians are not in a high risk group if they do
become infected in my view they are no different to any other person
in the country. Key workers, like bin men, come above them.

Oh yes. We could do without politicians, but imagine a life without
sanitary engineers and bin men!

Trouble is if you do away with the former, you'll soon lack the latter.

Many people believe that. And yet its really not true. Political
strategic design making has little to do with the day to day tactical
management of the public sector

I think Belgium had no government for a year,.

Question to ask any anarchist is "Where will you get your loo paper once
anarchy arrrives?" or "What will you do when your loo backs up because the
sewage system has no power?"

Tell me. After the second isle of wight festival which turned the
thicket beside which we had camped into a turd and toilet paper
wasteland with every tree cut down for firewood, my most vivid memory
was on the isle of wight ferry where we all sat down on REAL TOILETS and
shat our little hearts out. And I got home to me mums and slept for 23
hours in a REAL BED.

It was around then I realised that the hippy dreams were in fact that.
Dreams. I was an *intelligent* hippy. Flower power was all very well but
someone had to grow them and that meant weeding, and manure.