Texas Yankee

Default new nieghbor..cat pooh problem

For the cats, I'd use a "Have-a-Heart" trap - you can usually borrow them
from the local animal control folks - they'll pick up the captured cats and
take care of them - in a humane manner.

You also mentioned deer- it sounds weird, but my sister has had excellent
results with using small bags of human hair (from the barber shop, etc.)
placed on the ground around the area where they're eating your stuff -
shaved Ivory soap also repels them very well.

If you like venison, there are other solutions . . .

"RMS" wrote in message

KJ1 wrote in message
Hello all,

Well, my sod is up and taking well. I had the rest of my back yard
hydroseeded, and that is a wait-and-see. I say all of this to say that

when
I went out to water the grass yesterday, I saw cat pooh on the grass.

Yuk!
My dad said, speak to the owner of the house that the cats are from, but

am not sure who's house it is.

I am trying to find out if there is something that will repel the cats

from
my yard, some chemical or something besides a privacy fence.

I am already on the lookout to find who's cat it is, but I get the

feeling
that he/she won't stop letting the cats out. They tend to come out in

group.

Also, I have deer footprints in my backyard everyday, I have never seen

the
deer, but the lawn guy keeps pointing it out to me. I can't tell for

sure
if the 'pooh' is from the deer or the cats (another reason I waited on
talking to the neighbor) but judging from size alone, I am guessing

cats, so
if there are any suggestions on reasonable ways to make the deer stay

away,
please let me know.

Thanks in advance for all suggestions.

God bless,
KJ

You might try sprinkling a few drops of cheap perfume around where you
don't want the animals to be.
The cheaper the better. (Try the dollar store).
Most animals (both wild and domestic) can't stand the smell of it and will
head the other way when they get a whiff of it.
Don't go nuts with it. Just a drop every foot or so where you don't want
them.
Most humans can't smell it after an hour or so, but animals with their
acute sense of smell will (depending on the species) smell it for weeks. A
fair size bottle should last through the entire summer season and beyond.

HTH
RMS