Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Urgent plumbing issue!

PTFE tape has seemingly fixed most of my compression fitting issues for over
20 years now!

I'm still alive too!
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"newshound" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 23/12/2020 13:32, Tricky Dicky wrote:
I have a situation where I have isolating valves and check valves with
compression fittings in close proximity and keep getting a slight weep
tightening the compression fittings simply causes problems with the next
fitting as tightening it loosens the one below especially when trying to
keep the isolating valve orientation correct. So the question is can
joint sealants like Boss White be used on potable water?

I need to sort the issue out quick as it is holding up the sink
installation after which access becomes more difficult and Christmas
dinner is at stake.

Richard

I'm 99% sure that Boss White is rated for potable water, but surely it
will say so on the tin or tube.

Traditionally Boss White was used with hemp (although it can be used
alone).

These days I tend to use the various PTFE-based thread sealants available
from SF and TS (but seldom have issues for potable water so don't usually
worry about that). Less messy and easier to dismantle than Boss White type
products.

GIYF

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Loctite-pro...Instant%20seal.