Doug Kanter

Default new nieghbor..cat pooh problem

Deer crap is usually piles of round stuff, not long like a cat's. Good luck
keeping deer away. Plant catalogs (and people here) may be able to suggest
certain plants that keep them away, but for many people, a tall fence is the
only thing that works.

Cats are often another story. Mine was an outdoor cat. She rarely, if ever
used the litter box inside. She chose a couple of out of the way spots
around the shrubs and buried it so well that it was never a problem. I guess
I was lucky. But, two neighbors' cats weren't as cooperative, at least
initially. It took a while to train them to avoid my yard. I did it by
stationing myself comfortably in the yard with a lawn chair, a book, and one
of those super-soaker water toys - the kind that'll spray 30-40 feet. When
the cats arrived, they got splattered. Frankly, I didn't think it would
work, but after a few days of this treatment, the cats stopped jumping over
the fence.

Be glad you're not dealing with dogs. Because they're so intensely stupid,
they learn where you don't want them and then go there repeatedly, until
you're forced to take drastic measures.

"KJ1" wrote in message
Hello all,

Well, my sod is up and taking well. I had the rest of my back yard
hydroseeded, and that is a wait-and-see. I say all of this to say that

when
I went out to water the grass yesterday, I saw cat pooh on the grass.

Yuk!
My dad said, speak to the owner of the house that the cats are from, but I
am not sure who's house it is.

I am trying to find out if there is something that will repel the cats

from
my yard, some chemical or something besides a privacy fence.

I am already on the lookout to find who's cat it is, but I get the feeling
that he/she won't stop letting the cats out. They tend to come out in a
group.

Also, I have deer footprints in my backyard everyday, I have never seen

the
deer, but the lawn guy keeps pointing it out to me. I can't tell for sure

if the 'pooh' is from the deer or the cats (another reason I waited on
talking to the neighbor) but judging from size alone, I am guessing cats,

so
if there are any suggestions on reasonable ways to make the deer stay

away,
please let me know.

Thanks in advance for all suggestions.

God bless,