Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tricky Dicky[_4_] Tricky Dicky[_4_] is offline

Default Urgent plumbing issue!

I have a situation where I have isolating valves and check valves with compression fittings in close proximity and keep getting a slight weep tightening the compression fittings simply causes problems with the next fitting as tightening it loosens the one below especially when trying to keep the isolating valve orientation correct. So the question is can joint sealants like Boss White be used on potable water?

I need to sort the issue out quick as it is holding up the sink installation after which access becomes more difficult and Christmas dinner is at stake.

Richard