Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Sticky front door

I have an old front door and even more ancient door frame, these move
about a bit in damp weather and get tight but free up when it gets drier
and warmer. This was an area that is currently bare wood (but it is old
oak).

Needed a spot of fettling today, took a light skim of the tight bit with
a little plane and manual coarse sandpaper, but it was still slightly
tight. Rather than faff about longer removing material, I thought I'd
try a spray of Mr Sheen which has transformed it from "needing a shove"
to "just kissing".

I know it's not ideal, in the better weather I will need to clean it up
properly and repaint, but I was surprised what a quick and easy fix this
was.