Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

Default Shortages and rationing

In article ,
Jethro_uk wrote:
But in case it's escaped your notice, we've spent years trying to
negotiate effectively retaining EU 'membership' for the bits of it we
like.

Not remotely accurate the EU want us to sign up for more than we want
to.

Not remotely accurate. The EU - just like everyone else - has no intention
of giving things away. Much as the likes of BoJo thinks it's the gawd
given right of the UK to demand and be given.

We want limited trade deals no free movement etc and not handing
over control of things. If we gave in to your version the deal would
have been done under May.

All you've repeated is what we all knew from the start - leavers want
their cake and to eat it. And thought the EU would be perfectly happy with
that.

The EU need money and are worried if we leave
others will follow.

Of course. If we got what leavers said was going to be so easy - all the
benefits with none of the responsibilities - other would want the same.

--
*I'm not a paranoid, deranged millionaire. Dammit, I'm a billionaire.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.