Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Shortages and rationing

On Mon, 21 Dec 2020 14:07:10 +0000, newshound
wrote:

snip

FWIW I think "Cancel Christmas" was just another government panic
recognising that there would be a post holiday spike so that now they
can say "we did something, it would have been worse".

I wonder what percentage of the population it will actually impact
(not having whatever they would normally do for Xmyth)?

More intriguing is whether the French 48 hour ban is actually just a
Brexit curve-ball, "See what no-deal will be like" to encourage a U turn
on fish. Not from the EU, just the French being typically bloody minded.
(And I like the French).

Every time I here honest talk if the whole fishing farce it seems more
and more 'petty'.

It only accounts for a miniscule part of our GPD. It employs many
people that the Brexiteers would prefer weren't here (in all the
'processing' jobs) and much of what we catch goes to the EU anyway
(and will now needs loads of paperwork) and we won't be able to afford
the fish we do like that's typically bought in from the EU
(apparently).

At least we can still enjoy our home grown salmon. But hey, it's not
just salmon, it's below welfare standards, 'factory farmed', sea lice
ridden salmon ...

Cheers, T i m