Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Shortages and rationing

On Mon, 21 Dec 2020 12:22:08 +0000, T i m wrote:

Must admit to wondering how political this is. Is this 'new'

version of
Covid really just in the UK - or have we just noticed it before

others?

Saw a very brief mention that this "new variant" is very similar if
not the same as the one found in Mink in the Netherlands. We slammed
the door on them at break neck speed compared to HMG's normal (lack
of) speed in reacting to the science.

Political? I think there is some element of that.

But of course limiting movement of anything and everything is

likely to
help contain the virus.

What's shutting the door for 48 hours going to do in regards the
spread? SFA.

Or all the animals stuck in lorries queuing at Dover. Maybe it doesn't
matter as they were going to 'die anyway'. ;-(

Are there any? Live export mainly goes through Ramsgate and not all
live exports are for slaughter, some are for fattening. Everything
living dies, it's one of the very few absolute guarantees of life.

--
Cheers
Dave.