Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred[_8_] fred[_8_] is offline

Default dashcam problems

Thanks for your suggestion,
I tried different sd cards but same result

On Monday, December 21, 2020 at 1:56:29 PM UTC, alan_m wrote:
On 21/12/2020 13:17, fred wrote:
New Nextbase 322gw with rear window cam module.
https://www.nextbase.com/en-ie/dash-...22gw-dash-cam/

https://www.nextbase.com/en-ie/modul...r-view-camera/

When the rear module is plugged in the camera freezes. Tried all different start up procedures but no difference.
Back to shop where they gave me a new rear camera module to try out but same problem. They didn't have a new camera so I just took a refund.

Has anyone any experience of this model of Nextbase dash cam or any experience of Nextbase dash cams ? I'm undecided about getting another one, especially online, as I don't need this grief, but the rear camera module on this makes installation very easy as it is clipped to the side of the camera itself so no dragging wires through the car

One possibility if the same SD card is being used in both cameras?

During normal operation these types of camera record continuously to the
sd card and when the recording gets to the end of the card it starts at
the beginning overwriting the most historic data.

Until..... you have an accident or more likely the camera falls off the
screen or you jolt the car by driving into a pothole etc. This triggers
the cameras inbuilt accident detection mechanism which then writes
protects the last x minutes of recording on the sd card.

The next time the camera is used, or continues to be used, the normal
recording of video to the sd card takes place until it meets the
section/file which is write protected. At this point the recording will
stop and maybe the cause of your freeze.

On my older dash cam which did this the cure was a format of the sd card
to remove the write protected file. My dash cam manual recommends an
occasional reformat of the sd card.