Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.radio.amateur

Default Shortages and rationing

On 21/12/2020 11:22, Jethro_uk wrote:
On Mon, 21 Dec 2020 11:17:34 +0000, F wrote:

Must admit to wondering how political this is. Is this 'new' version of
Covid really just in the UK - or have we just noticed it before others?

Apparently, our ability in genomic science is one of the very best so
we've found it before others.

Well considering *I* was talking about mutations in June, I'd hope
someone was watching out for them.

The trick is, when you are planning things, to ask yourself "What, based
on history and science, is most likely to **** things up ?" and the
factor that into your plans.

If the UK government didn't do that, then what's the point of them ?
Seriously ? I have a whole load of statements from them as to what they
are *not* about (for example, ensuring food, water and medicines for the
population).

It doesn't matter a **** about knowing or guessing in advance what
mutations will or will not occur. We don't know, and no one knows, yet.,

For my money the government despite that weaselly **** 'hand on cock'
has done a pretty decent job of behaving pragmatically as conservatives
should. They have three political axes to optimise
- high death rate and hospital overload - electoral disaster
- damage to the economy - electoral disaster
- loss of credibility - electoral disaster.

In short its a no win for them, It's pure damage limitation.
That is why I don't think unlike some tinfoil hatters, that this
government at any rate, started it or is lying about it.

Lockdown is, ex of a vaccine that works, all they have, to try and
optimise a three way axis of disaster.

If case loads are low, track and trace and quarantine works, but we are
now again beyond that.

If I survive the winter, it will be interesting to see who else
does...in S Africa they have a strain that is attacking young people
more than the old, apparently

"What kind of person is not interested in those things?"

"Jeremy Corbyn?"