Posted to rec.woodworking
Bob D[_2_] Bob D[_2_] is offline

Default Table Saw Again

On Saturday, December 19, 2020 at 11:28:23 PM UTC-6, G Ross wrote:
wrote:
On Sat, 19 Dec 2020 14:48:09 -0800 (PST), Bob D
wrote:

On Saturday, December 19, 2020 at 12:08:39 PM UTC-6, wrote:

I never have anyone in the shop while I'm working. Well, no one would
want to. ;-) The cats aren't allowed downstairs and SWMBO wouldn't
think of it.

I set up a door bell in my shop with a wireless remote button sitting on the kitchen counter top. My wife rings the door bell if she wants my attention. We understand that bursting into the shop unannounced is dangerous. Its not perfect, but it works most of the time.

I'd think the bell could be startling too. SWMBO just yells down the
stairs (which I never hear ;-).

I have a strobe light linked to a sensor outside the door. The sensor
came from an outdoor light which comes on if you walk by. No matter
what noisy things I am doing I know when someone is approaching the
shop entrance. Has worked well for years.

--
G Ross

Genius idea!