Posted to alt.home.repair
notX notX is offline

Default Christmas display

On 12/18/20 12:06 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:

[snip]

Shouldn't the season be marked by something other than a symbol of
torture and death?

***** It's about salvation.
John 15:13
Greater love has no one than this: to lay down ones life for ones
friends.
** A soldier dives on a hand grenade to save his friends.* He stays behind
to keep the enemy away while his buddies escape.* Firemen climbed steps
of the Twin Towers on 9-11.* Cops take on armed men to save civilians.
* Those are the ultimate gifts.

I'm not disappointed, since I knew not to expect anything reasonable
here. Salvation is a good thing, but what's the connection with torture
and death? Sounds like some extortion scheme.