Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Apparent leak on CH system

On 19/12/2020 08:08, Peter James wrote:
Every three or four weeks I need to de-air the towel radiator in the bathroom.
This is the highest
Radiator in the system.
A friend, who is a retired plumber, suggested that I have a small leak
somewhere in the system. In his day he would have solved it with the addition
to the system of a "leak fixing additive". But he does admit he is totally
out of date and things might have moved on from this.
Can anyone suggest the best way of solving this. I have searched the visible
pipe work, but to no affect.
A Worcester Bosch Greenstar 25 combi boiler is fitted.
Peter

Probably not even worth doing. Mine has similar, but two years after the
plumber noted a weeping gate valve on the primary of the boiler ' not
worth fixing mate, it will scale up if you keep refilling ' the
frequency of bleed and recharge is down to about 6-monthly

--
Renewable energy: Expensive solutions that don't work to a problem that
doesn't exist instituted by self legalising protection rackets that