Posted to uk.d-i-y
S Viemeister[_2_] S Viemeister[_2_] is offline

Default OT Old electricity bill

On 18/12/2020 16:43, Scribbles wrote:
On Friday, December 18, 2020 at 2:22:32 PM UTC, Andrew wrote:

Paying £5 a week rent is something todays young people won't be able to
enjoy.

The figure I quoted was per month Andrew! And a rip-off at that price i.m.o.

In the 60s, my flatmate and I paid £6 per month for a two-room flat in
Edinburgh's west end (would cost a fortune today!). No bathroom, and a
shared toilet on the landing, but we did have a kitchen sink (no hot
water, so we used a couple of kettles), a gas cooker, and a fireplace in
each room. One socket per room, and an overhead light in the
kitchen/living room/dining room.