Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris French Chris French is offline

Default Gas boiler not lighting - Gas valve?

Peter Burke wrote:
Chris ?French wrote in
news

The boiler manual says of the pressure testing points on the gas
valve, to loosen the scews in them to test the pressure. Except there
are no screws in them, just a threaded hole.

I presume I need to use a pressure test nipple in them? Are these
likely to be the common 1/8 BSP size? I can't find any info on it .

Are the threaded holes in the cast-in posts on the gas valve?

If so I'd expect the screw to be deeply recessed within the posts and the
posts to be sized to be a fit for the manometer hose, no nipple reqd.

That's certainly the case here but mine's not an ideal or mexico.

No need to remove the screw, just open a 1/4 turn or so as no major flow
reqd.

Yep, mine was like that, once I looked more closely :-)