Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_4_] Fredxx[_4_] is offline

Default Air brick inside clothes wardrobe needs filling in - what do Iuse?

On 18/12/2020 15:25:51, Monique Castellani-Kraan wrote:

snip

But we do dry our
clothes indoors most of the time.

This will dump a whole of water in the house. If you do have to dry
clothes indoors consider a condensing tumble drier.

-no idea about the cavity walls tbh. As far as I can tell we have
decent insulation, house traps warmth pretty well. We're in
Cheshire, there's 90-95% humidity in our area pretty much the whole
year. It's rain central here.

As soon as you warm cold air it's RH plummets.

Never been in the loft myself, no idea what's up there. Don't even
have a ladder for it. A little scared of what I'll find lol! But
given several people have said to check the roof & loft for leaks,
I'll have a look up there as soon as I'm able to. As you guys have
said there doesn't appear to be moisture inside the plaster itself...
so unlikely the vent is the issue even though it's rusted through.
For now I think I will just reinsulate the gap and reseal with
plaster, and will look into the roof again. Would painting over the
rust be a bad idea? (sorry if it's a dumb question lol)

I would use a phosphate paint or other rust treatment. However the rust
will eventually resurface.

Not able to afford any major refittings at the moment so going to see
if I can get spacers or something to allow airflow between the
wardrobe and the room whilst still keeping it (mostly) closed so my
cats don't terrorise my storage haha.

Ventilation will assist greatly.

Again thanks for this guys, really really appreciate the help. You've
been brilliant.