Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default OT Old electricity bill

On 18/12/2020 10:41, Jeff Layman wrote:
We also had a gas fridge. Wonderful things; totally reliable as they had
no moving parts. I think you can still buy them today. I guess the
nearest equivalent would be fridges for caravans running off gas. I
wonder if the modern ones are as reliable?

All electrolux 'silent' fridges could be fitted with gas
or kerosene kits for off-grid use. I had one for years.

All the houses on my estate (built between 1972 and 1978)
had 3/4 inch gas from meter to a Tee juncion in the kitchen that
fed a 1/2 inch gas point for a fridge, and the other Tee was
a 1/2 inch run to the cooker.

Just before lockdown th Worthing BHF charity shop had some
table top silent fridges that had come out of a London hotel
refurb. Not made by electrolux though.