Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sears Coldspot 106

On 12/17/20 7:15 PM, bill d wrote:
I put that i had model 106.8770 633Â* kenmore coldspotÂ* light green , top
freezer type.Â*Â* I knew it was older than 1996 cause it came with a house
I purchasedm back then.Â*Â* Now I know how to date itÂ* If you look real close
on the inside refridge part top left. theres the serial number tag. I
just didnt think the date was on it when I looked before. It is on it,
but it's further back in there, the last thing you read on the tag.
somebody else told me how to figure it out from the tag,Â* after the
first three digets, mine are 106. ___Â*Â*Â* the next three tell you. the
middle oneyou skip
so my next four numbers areÂ* 8770Â*Â*Â* its the first and the third diget
that tells you..Â*Â* so skip the second digetÂ* read the 1st and 3rdÂ* its
87Â*Â*Â* mine is an 1988
so it must have been a late oneÂ*Â* so the model puts it 1987Â* but the tag
has it marked as 03/88Â* could'nt believe it was that oldÂ* just the
freezer fan motor locked up/ no parts for it so I'm trying to use a
newer one, with a different shaft size, andÂ* diff mounting holes and im
bushing the shaft

So do you have a question? Have you tried ebay or
www.repairclinic.com for parts?