Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Air brick inside clothes wardrobe needs filling in - what do Iuse?

On 17/12/2020 22:12, Monique Castellani-Kraan wrote:
Hi all, could use some input on this because I'm a bit of a novice and need to make sure I'm using the right tools for the job!

Our house was built in the 1940s and we've lived there for almost 30 years, and little did we know there was a badly filled-in air brick inside my build-in clothes wardrobe. In recent years I wondered why I had such a bad clothes moth problem and why my clothes smelled fusty.

Is there still an air brick on the outside of the house or has that been
filled in as well

Perhaps when filling in the air brick the cavity has been breached
giving a path for moisture to travel from the outside wall to the inside
wall. Is you house built with cavity walls or is it solid brick?