Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4DHJ ... Jim GM4DHJ ... is offline

Default OT Global ****ing with rain ....

On 17/12/2020 20:29, T i m wrote:
On Thu, 17 Dec 2020 18:07:14 +0000, "Jim GM4DHJ ..."
wrote:

snip

When we stayed in Castle Douglas it was a 50 mile round trip into
Dumfries to get a new headlamp for the Rover. Here it would be a ~1
mile walk / cycle.

`used to camp there down by the loch...cool place.....Kudos

Yeah, it was lovely around there ... for a break. I wouldn't like to
live there, too remote, everything is an effort (and generally a fair
car drive away).

Daughter was living up there with her B/F and his family and I
*nearly* gave them my Canadian canoe to use on Carlingwark Loch (his
M/D moved and split up). ;-(

Ironically it was staying up there, the house backing onto some fields
and her befriending a small herd of cattle ... and one day them not
being there to come over for treats and scratches ... that finally
turned daughter vegetarian.

Cheers, T i m

we have rellies that run the chippy.....Moores