Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default OT Global ****ing with rain ....

On Thu, 17 Dec 2020 06:12:37 -0800 (PST), John J
wrote:

snip

Selby has a system where you go shopping and leave your bike for a few minutes. Go inside, come out and discover someone has stolen your bike.

There are bikes and bikes. I'm not sure I'd leave anything worth £500
or more in public without proper security or properly attended.

Most end up in the river or canal.

A woman posted on local Facebook group that her folding bike had been
stolen from the railway station bike park. A week later she found it
chained up where she left it ... at the other end of the bike shed
than where she 'normally' parks it. ;-)