Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Gas boiler not lighting - Gas valve?

On 17/12/2020 13:39, Chris French wrote:
John Rumm wrote:

I don't know much about the gas valves, does the
solenoid control the flow of gas to the pilot as well?

On this boiler there appears to be two live connections to the gas valve
- one presumably for the pilot and another for the main valve. The PCB
may sequence these, and possibly turn off the pilot once the ignition
electrode detects the main burner firing.

Yep, that@s exactly what seems to happen

Thanks John

In which case, I would have to concur, shagged gas valve...

(have seen this on other mexico boilers - although normally the manual
pilot type. One that failed to fire at all, and one that failed shortly
after main burner ignition as the valve warmed up).

--
Cheers,

John.