Posted to alt.home.repair
slate_leeper[_2_] slate_leeper[_2_] is offline

Default Any idea how to reattach a Fiskars lopper adjustable handle that broke off after only a few years' hard use

On Thu, 17 Dec 2020 09:44:57 -0000 (UTC), Arlen Holder
wrote:

o https://i.postimg.cc/Y2DQkZ8w/fiskar01.jpg

The wife loves her Fiskars loppers, as do I love mine, where we have a ton
of clipping to do in order to get ready for winter (scotch broom, spanish
broom, oaks, brush, etc.).

My Fiskars adjustable lopper handle broke off after only a few years of
hard use, so I called Fiskars just to let them know they should look into
it (I treated it like a hardware bug report so they could fix the problem).
o 1-866-348-5661

I suggested to Fiskars if they would pay for shipping, I'd send it to them
so that they could figure out what broke and that way they could fix it for
the next person (which is the way I am).

I was just gonna buy another one as they wear out after a couple of years.

Turns out they have a lifetime warranty, which I didn't even know about.
o They shipped me a new one within a week.

They didn't even want me to ship them the old one back.
o Now I have three of them, one still in the box!

Any ideas how to re-attach the handle on the old one?

I bought one. The cutting blade broke almost immediately. Fiskars told
me they would replace the blade under warranty "THIS TIME." So much
for lifetime warranty....

-dan z-

--
Protect your civil rights!
Let the politicians know how you feel.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.