Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default OT Global ****ing with rain ....

On 16/12/2020 18:21, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 16/12/2020 16:47, Paul wrote:
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 16/12/2020 11:15, Fredxx wrote:
On 16/12/2020 10:25:07, alan_m wrote:
On 16/12/2020 08:42, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Well it has been ****ing down continuously in the near of Glasgow
for a couple of months now....is this a result of global warming
like in the film Blade runner ? ...

Nice and sunny with blue sky here in Essex!

If Jim doesn't like rain this might help:

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/researc...d-anomaly-maps

too complicated

"Glasgow often comes at the top of Scotland's "most rainy" lists, but
Â*Â*the smaller town of Greenock nearby slightly trumps it with an average
Â*Â*of 174.6 days of rain per year"

tell me about it I used to live in Port Glasgow........

"It is warmed by the Gulf Stream from the Atlantic, and given its
Â*Â*northerly latitude it is much warmer than areas on similar latitudes,
Â*Â*for example Kamchatka in Russia or Labrador in Canada - where the sea
Â*Â*freezes over in winter or Fort McMurray, Canada-where -35 °C (-31 °F)
Â*Â*is not uncommon during winter. Scots sometimes describe weather which
Â*Â*is grey and gloomy using the Scots language word dreich"

"Scotland is one of the wettest places in Europe"

no ****

I suspect Cumbria might be just as wet, or even wetter.

And spare a thought for the folks of South West Ireland.