Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default D-I-Ying postal deliveries?

On Thu, 17 Dec 2020 00:52:53 +0000 (GMT), Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

I think it a bit unfair to whinge about the PO at the moment.

Many
services are suffering due to Covid.

The problems that RM have with timely delivery have existed for a
couple of years!

Can only speak for here. They're very good. I have a delightful postman.
One before him was excellent too.

Aye, highly dependent on where you live. Here 2nd is the same as 1st,
ie incoming mail arrives next day. Outgoing can be the same but
varies greatly by destination.

"Royal Mail Tracked 48" more often than not ends up as "Royal Mail
Tracked 24". Biggest delays are normally in getting the package from
supplier into Royal Mail, once in stuff flies through the system
barely stopping moving. eg, this "Royal Mail Tracked 48" due to
arrive this morning:

14 Dec 0847 "Sender Dispatching Item"
14 Dec 1500 eMail from sender "ready to dispatch"
16 Dec 1246 Rx North West DC
17 Dec 0112 Rx Carlisle MC
17 Dec 0501 Rx Brampton DO

Yes, 4 days since "dispatch" but it didn't hit Royal Mail until
midday yesterday...

--
Cheers
Dave.