Posted to alt.home.repair
Arlen Holder Arlen   Holder is offline

Default Birds seem to be getting inside my eaves due to me not realizing they pick the wire grating off

Birds seem to be getting inside my eaves due to me not realizing they pick
the wire grating off
o https://i.postimg.cc/j5x6mCBK/eaves04.jpg dead bird
o https://i.postimg.cc/TPXJjt9K/eaves03.jpg crawling around
o https://i.postimg.cc/CLz7wB5x/eaves02.jpg holed grating
o https://i.postimg.cc/mk6SQRX4/eaves01.jpg bird poop

The wife was complaining of birds in the attic making noise.

I went up there, and first had to cover the rafters with "something", where
the use of Costco steel shelving seemed to work fine (I have lots).

Looking around, I found bird poop and a dead bird (fresh too!).

Also saw a bunch of the gratings picked off.
Bummer that they're three stories high and nailed from the outside.
--
Posted as an on-topic article of what I did today for home repair.