Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Angle of washing-machine inlet hose?

In article , Brian Gaff \(Sofa\)
wrote:
The usually reason is they do not want the hose to get trapped
anywhere or crushed by trying to bend 90 degrees to undo the 90 degrees
it would be at if you use sods law and an angle horizontal or vertical.
That was what the bloke told me some years ago, but it seems a lame
excuse to me. Also why are all machine c cold fill only? I'd have thought
a mixer would save poer on internal heaters. Brian

In most houses, the hot water is not instantly available. You need to flush
out the cold water before hot reaches the appliance, by which time the
machine has got enough water.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England