Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default D-I-Ying postal deliveries?

I have to say, we use Free articles for the blind first class mail, all
members of the UN as far as I know offer this free service, and yet Royal
Mail seem to be losing outer pouches more and more. My guess is that despite
it being subsidised by Government they feel it to be unpaid and hence it
gets left till last. Be aware though that if you slag off the post office
they will deny their involvement. The are just an agent now for Royal Mail.
They are not the same company and cannot affect their operations.
It is also true to say that many couriers will get your mail there faster
and often at less cost than Royal Mail, due to their inefficient way of
sorting the mail when compared to what is done elsewhere.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"gareth evans" wrote in message
Currently, with First Class mail taking several days,
there is no incentive to pay the extra premium over
Second Class, so the impending increase in cost for First Class
Stamps means that the Post Office,instead of getting
more money in their coffers, will actually get less, and
may yet go the way of the Dodo.

Perhaps reducing the cost of First Class stamps would
actually increase the takeup and so the profits
of the Post Office?

Is it time to set up a social network of postal delivery,
along the lines of what Fidonet was before the widespread
availability of T'Internet?