Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Cable support requirements in 18th edition

The problem when I hear this sort of thing is that cables are mostly
insulated by pvc, so what is the point anyway? The moment the pace melts,
the conductors shour out and kill the power, surely?
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Chris Green" wrote in message
In the DIY FAQ it says:-

There are new requirements for all wiring support to not fail as a
result of fire (i.e. this no longer just in escape routes). So cables
supported in plastic trunking or in plastic conduit will also need
additional metal clips.

Does this mean that metal clips are required in *all* plastic trunking
or only where the wire can fall out? I.e. does trunking running along
the floor or on a rafter/ceiling require metal clips?

It does make using trunking a bit of a pain and self-adhesive trunking
becomes pretty useless as you still have to knock nails or screw
screws through it.

Apart from the D-Line clips no one seems to be producing hardware to
provide this cable support, are there any well thought out systems
available that provide the required support, are easy to install and
look reasonable?

--
Chris Green
·