Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Angle of washing-machine inlet hose?

On 15/12/2020 23:24, Michael Chare wrote:
On 15/12/2020 11:07, Adam Funk wrote:
A washer-dryer manual says the inlet hose should be screwed on so that
it points down at about 45° from vertical (either way) but not
vertical or horizontal.Â* I'm just curious --- why does that matter?

(As is usual, the hose supplied has a 90° bend just before the
screw-on coupling, so the hose has to be parallel to the back of the
machine but could "point" in any direction in that plane.)

The inlet hoses of my washing machines have always pretty much pointed
straight down.Â* The main hose problem is that the machine has to be
pushed back into hole between two cupboards and below a worktop.

I suggest that you ask the manufacturer, and let us know the response.

I couldn't see any rationale either. My only criterion would be
minimising strain when in position and during access.