Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] nothanks@aolbin.com is offline

Default Lost in the baffling Makita range

On 15/12/2020 22:54, alan_m wrote:
On 15/12/2020 21:21, wrote:

Well, I've just spent a couple of hours looking around the web and it
seems that the DHP481 or DDF481 are the models to choose, with the
weights, sizes and prices being quite similar - so I'm prepared to go
for the combi. Because of the staggering and confusing number of
options it's very difficult to find the best deal, especially when the
likes of FFX have the bare DHP481 for £150 and with a 5Ah battery for
£267, yet the 5Ah battery by itself is available for £75. It's bad
enough to make me want to give up and buy a brand that knows how to
market sensibly and transparently.

Don't overlook that if buying a bare unit and a battery separately that
you also need the charger.
Does the £267 kit also contain the charger and perhaps a carry case?

I've already got a charger and two 5Ah batteries (I bought the 36V
plunge/track saw a short while ago - expensive but superb)