Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default How to find/make/whatever things like this cheaply?

On 14/12/2020 17:41, Chris Green wrote:
GB wrote:
On 14/12/2020 14:06, Chris Green wrote:

Mine have lasted 20 years or so now without too much maintenance, and
they're still electrified throughout.

It's possible that Newshound's fencing has lasted just as long?

It's possible but IMHO unlikely. :-)

I have so often seen the mess people make with their electric fences
and then wonder why they don't work very well (often immediately but
nearly always within days or weeks). I get it on our fences because we
have someone who rents fields from us and does tie knots in their bits
of electric fence, they really don't last very long. It's not *just*
the knots, it's the whole attitude to making a decent electric fence.

There are a lot of factors, what sort of posts do you use?